6.425 Qs: Turn measurement, Chinese grammar, Slang and rock music

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Mar 24 07:06:34 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-425. Fri 24 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 147

Subject: 6.425 Qs: Turn measurement, Chinese grammar, Slang and rock music

                           REMINDER

Date:          Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:44:14 GMT+0200
From: "MS SA HUNT" (LISH at warthog.ru.ac.za)
Subject:       TURN MEASUREMENT

2)
Date:         Wed, 22 Mar 95 21:55:09 SST
From: David Gil (ELLGILD%NUSVM.bitnet at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU)
Subject:      QUERY: CHINESE GRAMMATICAL MARKERS

3)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:12:13 -0500
From: CAROZA at aol.com
Subject: Inquiry re: slang and rock music

Date:          Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:44:14 GMT+0200
From: "MS SA HUNT" (LISH at warthog.ru.ac.za)

Dear Linguists
This is a desperate plea for information regarding software which
enables one to time turn-taking in natural conversation.  I have
followed up a number of references to such devices in the literature
but to no avail!  What I need is something which will time
(more accurately than Me plus Stopwatch) turns, silence between
turns, and, if possible, overlaps.
Anyone who knows of something which could be persuaded to do this for
me, please let me know as this is becoming rather urgent.

Sally Hunt
Linguistics Department
Rhodes University
Grahamstown 6140