6.452 Qs: Baraba Turkic, Swiss German, Turanian lgs, Arabic MT

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 27 06:59:43 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-452. Mon 27 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 139

Subject: 6.452 Qs: Baraba Turkic, Swiss German, Turanian lgs, Arabic MT

                           REMINDER

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 10:55:04 -0500
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)
Subject: Q: Baraba Turkic

2)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 13:32:57 -0500 (EST)
From: MARC PICARD (PICARD at VAX2.CONCORDIA.CA)
Subject: Laterals in Swiss German

3)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 1995 22:07:30 -0500
From: PolKekai at aol.com
Subject: Turanian languages

4)
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 18:30:19 --100
From: gaby at fing.us.es (Gabriel Amores)
Subject: Arabic MT

Date: Fri, 24 Mar 1995 10:55:04 -0500
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)

Does anybody know (I have already checked the standard sources)
about Baraba Turks and esp. about the possibility that they
once spoke a Finno-Ugric language which was replaced by Turkic
in the 18th century?

Alexis MR