6.457 Sum: Four mystery languages, Klingon language

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 27 22:01:53 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-457. Mon 27 Mar 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 76

Subject: 6.457 Sum: Four mystery languages, Klingon language

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 21:35:35 -0500
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)
Subject: Summary: 4 mystery lgs identified!

2)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 95 23:05:07 PST
From: bchan at sol.UVic.CA (Bill Chan)
Subject: Sum: The Klingon Language

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 21:35:35 -0500
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)

Sergej Starostin identified the four mystery Caucasian languages
as Avar, Lak, Khinalug, and Adyghe, resp.
Thanks to all those who wrote in.  The fifth language, given
as Curali, in the 1730 work I am looking at, remains unin-
dentified at the moment.

Alexis Manaster Ramer