6.637, Qs: Maltese, Fonts, Morphological uniformity, Statistics

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu May 4 18:41:50 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-637. Thu 04 May 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 150

Subject: 6.637, Qs: Maltese, Fonts, Morphological uniformity, Statistics

                           REMINDER

Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 15:38:36 +0100
From: caroline-lauise moss (el0u302f at liverpool.ac.uk)
Subject: RE: THE MALTESE LANGUAGE.

2)
Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 20:07:22 CDT
From:  (penaja at WKUVX1.WKU.EDU)
Subject: help

3)
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 15:08:40 +0100 (BST)
From: Yan Huang (llshuang at reading.ac.uk)
Subject: Query: Morphological uniformity hypothesis

4)
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 23:49:07 +0800 (HKT)
From: "R.Y.L. TANG" (h9290030 at hkuxa.hku.hk)
Subject: Q: Applying Statistical Methods to Linguistic Data

Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 15:38:36 +0100
From: caroline-lauise moss (el0u302f at liverpool.ac.uk)

Dear List Members,
                 Can anybody give me linguistic information regarding the
Maltese language?
                From
              Caroline.
          The University of Liverpool.

Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 20:07:22 CDT
From: (penaja at WKUVX1.WKU.EDU)

Friends,
        I come to you for help. I would like to know how I can get all
the different, or at least as many as possible, phonetic symbols with
the computer. I use Word for Windows 6.0 and that does give me some
symbols, like accented vowels in Spanish. But as my wife is about to
start her thesis in phonology, she needs to be able to type ohters
like long and short vowels, velar n, and the rest.
        Anybody knows what I have to do, or what add-on program to
buy? Thanks a lot fo the info.
        Juan Antonio Pena
        Assistant Professor                                  ******
        Hispanic Literature & Linguistics                 * *   -  *
        Modern Languages & Intercultural Studies       * * *     -  *
        Western Kentucky University                 * * * *       -  *
        Bowling Green KY 42101                         * * *     -  *
        (502) 745-2401; dept. fax (502) 745 6859          * *   -  *
        penaja at wkuvx1.wku.edu                                ******