6.671, Qs: Conflict talk, Mongolian, Lg and thought, Register

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat May 13 05:50:38 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-671. Sat 13 May 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 138

Subject: 6.671, Qs: Conflict talk, Mongolian, Lg and thought, Register

                           REMINDER

Date: Sun, 07 May 1995 20:00:14 +1000
From: Megan Mann (megan_mann.121201 at muwaye.unimelb.edu.au)
Subject: Conflict Talk Reference Query

2)
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 13:17:32 -0400
From: JPKIRCHNER at aol.com
Subject: Q:  Mongolian /g/

3)
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 13:17:35 -0400
From: JPKIRCHNER at aol.com
Subject: Verbal vs. visual thought

4)
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 17:34:10 -0500 (EST)
From: mai kuha (mkuha at silver.ucs.indiana.edu)
Subject: Wanted:  readings on situational variation

Date: Sun, 07 May 1995 20:00:14 +1000
From: Megan Mann (megan_mann.121201 at muwaye.unimelb.edu.au)

I am doing a research project focusing on sociolinguistic strategies for
disagreeing and conflict talk in Australian Eng.  Can anyone recommend
        a) any interesting references or any completed or current
research in this area ?         (not necessarily just Aust. Eng.)

        b) any relevent academic sites on the Internet ?

Much appreciated,

Megan Mann
University of Melbourne