6.1523, Sum: Baby-talk

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Nov 1 00:01:00 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1523. Tue Oct 31 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  77

Subject: 6.1523, Sum: Baby-talk

Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 1995 10:38:01 MST
From:  nicoju at IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Subject:  sum: baby-talk

Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 1995 10:38:01 MST
From:  nicoju at IMAP2.ASU.EDU

Dear readers

A month ago, I asked information about baby-talk.  The usual way of
getting references about this concept (librairies, PSYCHLIT) are not very
productive since the different meaning of this word and the non-existence
of a French equivalent when you work in French data-base.

I would like then to thank the following persons who help me with their
references and comments:

Dr Clare Gallaway, Dr A Rene Schmauder, Dr Allan C Wechsler, Dr James L.
Fidelholtz, Dr David M. W. Powers and Dr Ulla Sundberg

Here are the references:

Gallaway, C. and Richards, B. J (eds) 1994, Input and interaction in
language acquisition. Cambridge University Press.

Bullowa, Margaret; James L. Fidelholtz; and Allan R. Kessler. 1976.
Infant vocalization: communication before speech. In _Language and man:
anthropological issues_, ed. by Wm. C. McCormack and Stephen A. Wurm, pp.
67-95. The Hague: Mouton

Stan A Kuczaj, II, Crib Speech and Language Play, Springer 1983.

1. Sundberg, U. (1993a): "Child directed speech. A quantitative study of
Swedish tonal word accent 2", in Nordic Prosody VI. Papers from a symposium,
B Granstrvm and L nord (Eds), Stockholm, Sweden: Almqvist & Wiksell
International, 199-206.
2. Sundberg, U. (1994b): "Tonal and temporal aspects of child directed
speech" in Working Papers 43, Lund: Department of Linguistics and Phonetics,
3.Vihman, M., Kay, E., de Boysson-Bardie, B., Durand, C. and Sundberg, U.
(1994):"External sources of individual differences? A cross-linguistic
analu}sis of the phonetics of maternal speech to one-year-old children",
Developmental Psychology, 30,5.
4. Sundberg, U. (1995): "Voice onset time in speech directed to infants and
adults" in Proceedings of The XIIIth International Congress of Phonetic
Sciences, (Eds. K. Elenius and P. Branderud), Vol 3, 416-419.

Thank you to everybody

Julie Nicole
Arizona State University