6.1529, Qs: Universal of Ling.,Quantifiers,*suite* pronunciation

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Nov 1 04:16:37 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1529. Tue Oct 31 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  140

Subject: 6.1529, Qs: Universal of Ling.,Quantifiers,*suite* pronunciation

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 1995 10:17:11 CST
From:  r.hudson at linguistics.ucl.ac.uk (Richard Hudson)
Subject:  A universal of linguistics?

2)
Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 1995 12:20:03 +1300
From:  qiao.zhang at stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Qiao Zhang)
Subject:  Compostionality and some quantifiers

3)
Date:  Tue, 31 Oct 1995 06:22:00 EST
From:  simon at CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU
Subject:  *suite*  [sut] proncs from outside the U.S.

Date:  Mon, 30 Oct 1995 10:17:11 CST
From:  r.hudson at linguistics.ucl.ac.uk (Richard Hudson)

In our department, female students always outnumber males by about 2
or 3 to 1. I think this is probably typical of UK linguistics
departments, and I gather (from Anthea Fraser Gupta) that the same is
true in Singapore. Is it the same everywhere? And does anyone have any
ideas as to why it's true where it is true?
Prof Richard Hudson Tel: +44 171 387 7050 ext 3152
                                             E-mail: r.hudson at ling.ucl.ac.uk
Dept. of Phonetics and Linguistics                     Tel: +44 171 380 7172
                                                       Fax: +44 171 383 4108
UCL
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT