6.1552, Qs: Applications, words, literary lg, geminates

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Nov 4 15:18:50 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1552. Sat Nov 4 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  127

Subject: 6.1552, Qs: Applications, words, literary lg, geminates

                           REMINDER

Date:  Fri, 03 Nov 1995 17:05:31 MST
From:  BALTES at jkhbhrc.byu.edu (Paul Baltes)
Subject:  practical applications: request

2)
Date:  Fri, 03 Nov 1995 20:06:35 EST
From:  kuhns at world.std.com (Robert J Kuhns)
Subject:  Stop Words

3)
Date:  Fri, 03 Nov 1995 22:37:14 CST
From:  pdaniels at press-gopher.uchicago.edu (Peter Daniels)
Subject:  Re:  6.1546, Qs: Grammar structure, News group, Case

4)
Date:  Fri, 03 Nov 1995 16:15:29
From:  walther at sapir.ling.uni-duesseldorf.de (Markus Walther)
Subject:  Geminates

Date:  Fri, 03 Nov 1995 17:05:31 MST
From:  BALTES at jkhbhrc.byu.edu (Paul Baltes)

For their semester projects, some of my students have expressed an
interest in "readable and interesting" articles that deal with applications
of any aspect of linguistic knowledge to medicine, therapy (especially
speech therapy), natural language processing, or machine translation,
teaching composition (especially do to with sentence combining), and
literature.

I realize there has been a great deal of work done in these areas, but
this course focuses on practical applications rather than using
linguistics to explicate situations.

I've suggested the few I know, but to my great joy, they want more.

Thank you,
Paul Baltes
baltes at jkhbhrc.byu.edu

Paul Baltes