6.1563, Misc: New List, Jokes, Sum, Binary comparison

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 6 14:25:08 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1563. Mon Nov 6 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  194

Subject: 6.1563, Misc: New List, Jokes, Sum, Binary comparison

Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 1995 09:53:43 +0700
From:  gwyn at ipied.tu.ac.th (Gwyn Williams)
Subject:  New List: English Language Teaching in Asia

2)
Date:  Sat, 04 Nov 1995 21:24:07 GMT
From:  Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk (Ted Harding)
Subject:  Re: 6.1553, Sum: What's Funny? (part 2)

3)
Date:  Sat, 04 Nov 1995 21:21:10 EST
From:  mcovingt at ai.uga.edu (Michael Covington)

4)
Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 1995 08:01:00 CST
From:  TB0EXC1 at MVS.CSO.NIU.EDU
Subject:  pidgin/creole list

5)
Date:  Sun, 05 Nov 1995 11:47:46 CST
From:  CONNOLLY at MSUVX1.MEMPHIS.EDU
Subject:  Binary comparison in German

Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 1995 09:53:43 +0700
From:  gwyn at ipied.tu.ac.th (Gwyn Williams)

          ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING IN ASIA - MAILING LIST
                            (ELTASIA-L)

PURPOSE AND SCOPE
- ---------------
 To provide an international scholarly forum and central archive to
facilitate and co-ordinate the discussion, research, documentation, and
dissemination of information on the teaching and learning of English in Asia.

 The scope of discussion covers all aspects of the teaching and learning
of English in Asia and by Asians, including:

  - research and publication
  - cultural issues in language teaching and learning
  - the status of English
  - localized varieties of English
  - language problems and/or difficulties
  - English for Specific Purposes
  - teaching methodology, materials and curriculum
  - classroom technology
  - teacher training
  - conference announcements and information
  - information about employment opportunities and working conditions
etc

 Leave the "Subject:" line blank. In the body of the message, type:

       subscribe ELTASIA-L

Inquiries to: <eltasia-l-request at nectec.or.th>