6.1575, Qs: Pragmatics, Tagalog, Mathematics register, Fr-Eng cognates

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Nov 7 18:57:48 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1575. Tue Nov 7 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  135

Subject: 6.1575, Qs: Pragmatics, Tagalog, Mathematics register, Fr-Eng cognates

                           REMINDER

Date:  06 Nov 1995 20:32:00 EST
From:  FREED at apollo.montclair.edu ("ALICE FREED")
Subject:  Undergraduate textbook on Pragmatics?

2)
Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 1995 20:10:32 MST
From:  WFKING at CCIT.ARIZONA.EDU
Subject:  galog L1, English L2 acq.

3)
Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 1995 20:03:34 PST
From:  dsydney at csulb.edu (Dawn Sydney)
Subject:  QS: Information about the mathematics register

4)
Date:  Tue, 07 Nov 1995 13:33:44
From:  vickym at waseda.cfi.ac.jp (Victoria Muehleisen)
Subject:  (no subject)

Date:  06 Nov 1995 20:32:00 EST
From:  FREED at apollo.montclair.edu ("ALICE FREED")

I will be teaching a course for undergraduate linguistics majors next
semester and I am interested in finding out what books (textbooks?)
others have successfully used for undergraduate courses on
Pragmatics. This is the first time we are offering the course.

Among the texts that I am looking at are:
Jacob Mey's _Pragmatics_
Peter Grundy's _Doing Pragmatics_
Georgia Green's _Pragmatics and Natural Language Understanding_

I don't so much need a list of titles but your experience
(success or lack thereof) with particular texts.

Please respond directly to me and if others are interested, I
will post a summary.

Alice F. Freed
Linguistics Department
Montclair State University