6.1584, FYI: Lg learning lab, Hypercorrection in Jewish tradition

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Nov 9 18:23:44 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1584. Thu Nov 9 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  124

Subject: 6.1584, FYI: Lg learning lab, Hypercorrection in Jewish tradition

Date:  Wed, 08 Nov 1995 17:23:55 EST
From:  RDHOBERMAN at ccmail.sunysb.edu ("R. Hoberman")
Subject:  Language learning lab

2)
Date:  Wed, 08 Nov 1995 22:35:53 CST
From:  pdaniels at press-gopher.uchicago.edu (Peter Daniels)
Subject:  creeping hypercorrection in Jewish tradition

Date:  Wed, 08 Nov 1995 17:23:55 EST
From:  RDHOBERMAN at ccmail.sunysb.edu ("R. Hoberman")

I am posting the following on behalf of Prof. Mikle Ledgerwood, the
director of the new Language Learning Center at Stony Brook.  Please
do not respond to me, R. Hoberman, but to Ledgerwood, whose address
appears at the bottom.

For anyone interested in learning about Language Labs, Language Media
Centers, Language Resource Centers or the like, there is a great
organization which has this subject as its area.  The International
Association of Learning Laboratories has its own listserved e-mail
list, LLTI at Dartmouth.edu, has books, videos, and sponsors conferences,
including regional conferences.  In fact, the person in Allentown just
missed a good regional conf. in Lancaster, PA, last month.  IALL has,
for example, a lab design kit and a lab management manual as well as
videos showing off model centers.  I would also like to suggest that
this person and any others consider hiring a consultant to come in to
help educate faculty and administration in the area of language center
design.  IALL has a list of members who consult as well.  IALL can be
joined by writing a message to Browne at macalstr.edu and getting info.
LLTI can be joined by sending a sub message to listserv at dartmouth.edu
with the message, SUB LLTI your name.

For other info. I can be contacted at