6.1587, Qs: Spanish, Ling programs, Ling/lit theory depts, Lg rights

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 10 00:13:00 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1587. Thu Nov 9 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  131

Subject: 6.1587, Qs: Spanish, Ling programs, Ling/lit theory depts, Lg rights

                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 09:45:46 PST
From:  inf32gt at ix.netcom.com (Gregory Thomson )
Subject:  Spanish language style guide

2)
Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 10:30:16 EST
From:  soemarmo at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
Subject:  Linguistics programs outside US & Canada

3)
Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 1995 00:59:45 +0100
From:  lxalvarz at unica.udc.es (Celso Alvarez-Caccamo)
Subject:  Query: Linguistics and Literary Theory Departments

4)
Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 15:28:13 PST
From:  sharifi at csulb.edu
Subject:  Language rights

Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 09:45:46 PST
From:  inf32gt at ix.netcom.com (Gregory Thomson )

I am looking for an authoritative style guide for the Spanish
language.
 Thanks in advance.
Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 10:30:16 EST
From:  soemarmo at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu

Dear fellow linguists,

I am currently chairing the International Travel Committee at Ohio
University. We attempt to encourage supported linguists to make
contacts with Linguistics programs abroad when they travel. The LSA
has a directory for US and Canada, but not the rest of the world.

I would appreciate your sending me the addresses (or directory, if
available - where I can get it) of programs in your country.

I will compile them and send a copy to LSA, may be they want to
publish them. If not, I can also send the list to whoever wants it by
e-mail.

    Thanks! Lets get connected globally!

    Marmo Soemarmo
    Dept of Linguistics