6.1588, Qs: Eng as int'l lg, Two I-languages

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 10 00:26:55 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1588. Thu Nov 9 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  120

Subject: 6.1588, Qs: Eng as int'l lg, Two I-languages

                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 14:14:24 EST
From:  ykumagai at asianlan.umass.edu
Subject:  English as an International Language

2)
Date:  Wed, 08 Nov 1995 13:40:00 PST
From:  I.Crookston at lmu.ac.uk ("Crookston, Ian [HSC]")
Subject:  Query: two I-languages?

Date:  Thu, 09 Nov 1995 14:14:24 EST
From:  ykumagai at asianlan.umass.edu

Hello, I am posting this message to ask you that if anyone out there
knows anything about PhD program which enable me to explore some
issues dealing with English as an International Language or World
Englishes.  I am especially interested in doing a research on factors
regarding Native-Nonnative intelligibility, comprehensibility, etc..
I am aware the Univ. of Illinois has a program, however it only leads
you to Master's degree.  If you could help me providing some
information, please send me a message to my address. Thank you very
much in advance.

Yuri Kumagai
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
ykumagai at asianlan.umass.edu