6.1590, Qs: Polyglott&WordPerfect 5.1, Ling & Lit study, Brain/Lang

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 10 22:45:36 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1590. Fri Nov 10 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  142

Subject: 6.1590, Qs: Polyglott&WordPerfect 5.1, Ling & Lit study, Brain/Lang

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:36:55 EST
From:  LSTEVENS at uga.cc.uga.edu ("L.A. Stevens")
Subject:       Polyglott and WordPerfect 5.1

2)
Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 1995 12:44:00 CDT
From:  CSCOTT at macc.wisc.edu (Charles Scott)
Subject:  Linguistics and Literary Study

3)
Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:56:36 PST
From:  chrisbro at halcyon.com (Chris Brockett)
Subject:  Q: help locating brain/language references

Date:  Fri, 10 Nov 1995 11:36:55 EST
From:  LSTEVENS at uga.cc.uga.edu ("L.A. Stevens")

I'm keyboarding a book on Armenian proximal deixis for my major
professor and am having a few problems with the formats. The
publishers in Germany want it on disk in WordPerfect 5.1, which is
making it difficult to produce some of the special characters I
need. Since the instructions were in German (which I can barely make
out with a dictionary), this is getting a little complicated.

I think there might have been reference made to an additional program
called Polyglott, but neither I nor anyone I've talked to has heard of
it.  Is it possibly a font that helps with special characters?  From
the context of the instructions, it's difficult to know what this
`Polyglott' is.

Has anyone heard of a program by this name? If you can shed some light
on this and save a struggling grad student, please contact me.

Lisa Stevenson
Historical Linguistics
University of Georgia
lstevens at uga.cc.uga.edu