6.1603, Qs: Sound Change, A Nat. Amer. Lang., Stative vs. Active

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 13 05:46:04 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1603. Sun Nov 12 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  135

Subject: 6.1603, Qs: Sound Change, A Nat. Amer. Lang., Stative vs. Active

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 1995 08:17:24 EST
From:  amr at CS.Wayne.EDU (Alexis Manaster Ramer)
Subject:  Query: Possible Sound Change Interactions

2)
Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 1995 09:57:40 EST
From:  amr at CS.Wayne.EDU (Alexis Manaster Ramer)
Subject:  A gedankenexperimental query: A Native America Language

3)
Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 1995 17:16:33 EST
From:  gfowler at indiana.edu (George Fowler)
Subject:  Diagnostics For Stative vs. Active Participial Constructions

Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 1995 08:17:24 EST
From:  amr at CS.Wayne.EDU (Alexis Manaster Ramer)

I am trying to collect cases where two sound changes A and B
interact as follows: we find A in a whole group of dialects or
related languages, and B only in a subset of those, yet where both
A and B apply, B must have applied first.