6.1338, Sum: Phonology textbooks

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 2 13:47:14 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1338. Mon Oct 2 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  104

Subject: 6.1338, Sum: Phonology textbooks

Date:  Sat, 30 Sep 1995 10:40:46 PDT
From:  liliana at csulb.edu (Liliana Sanchez)
Subject:   Phonology textbooks

Date:  Sat, 30 Sep 1995 10:40:46 PDT
From:  liliana at csulb.edu (Liliana Sanchez)

Some days ago I posted a query about Romance and Spanish Phonology
textbooks. Thanks to Sonia Colina, Marc Picard, Yolanda Rivera-Castillo,
Almeida Jacqueline Toribio, Linda Taylor, Jessica Payeras, Michael D.
Vrooman, Ron Kephart, Jose Carrasquel and Lee Hartman for their replies.
Here are some of the references:

> AUTHOR:         Boyd-Bowman, Peter
>  TITLE:          From Latin to Romance in sound charts / Peter Boyd-Bowman. -
>  PUBLISHED:      Washington, D.C. : Georgetown University Press, c1980.
>  LC SUBJECTS: (use sl= )
>                  Romance languages--Phonology, Historical.
>  NOTES:          Bibliography: p. 174-177.
>  ISBN:           087840077X (pbk)
>
> AUTHOR       Quilis, Antonio.
>  TITLE        Curso de fonetica y fonologia espanolas : para estudiantes
>                 angloamericanos / Antonio Guilis y Joseph A. Fernandez. --
>  EDITION      3. ed. rev. y aumentada. --
>  PUBLISHER    Madrid : Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas,
>                 Instituto Miguel de Cervantes, 1968.
>  DESCRIPT.    xxxiii, 214 p., [2] leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 cm. --
>  SERIES       Collectanea phonetica ; 2.
>  NOTE         Includes index.
>  BIBLIOG.     Bibliography: p. [175]-176.
>  SUBJECT      Spanish language --Phonology.
>               Spanish language --Phonetics.
>               Spanish language --Textbooks for foreign speakers.

> AUTHOR       Alarcos Llorach, Emilio.
>  TITLE        Fonologia espanola. --
>  EDITION      3. ed. aumentada y rev. --
>  PUBLISHER    Madrid, Editorial Gredos [1961]
>  DESCRIPT.    282 p. illus. --
>  SERIES       Biblioteca romanica hispanica.  3.  Manuales, 1.
>  NOTE         Bibliography: p. [9]-20.
>  SUBJECT      Spanish language --Phonology.
>
> AUTHOR       Dalbor, John B.
>  TITLE        Spanish pronunciation : theory and practice : an introductory
>                 manual of Spanish phonology and remedial drill / John B.
 Dalbor
>                 ; [ill. by Alan Moyler.]. --
>  EDITION      2d ed. --
>  PUBLISHER    New York : Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, c1980.
>  DESCRIPT.    xi, 334 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
>  NOTE         Includes index.
>  BIBLIOG.     Bibliography: p. 310-320.
>  SUBJECT      Spanish language --Dialects --Latin America.
>               Spanish language --Pronunciation.
>  ISBN         0030465664.
>
> AUTHOR       Harris, James W. (James Wesley)
>  TITLE        Spanish phonology / James W. Harris. --
>  PUBLISHER    Cambridge, Mass. : M.I.T. Press, c1969.
>  DESCRIPT.    xiii, 218 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
>  SERIES       The M.I.T. Press research monograph no. 54.
>  NOTE         Includes index.
>  BIBLIOG.     Bibliography: p. 207-211.
>  SUBJECT      Spanish language --Phonology.
>               Spanish language --Grammar, Generative.
>  ISBN         026208032X.

Barrutia and Schwegler (1994) Fonetica y Fonologia Espanolas. N.Y. Wiley
and Sons
Barrutia and Terrel (1982) Fonetica y Fonologia Espanolas.

There are also other textbooks that contain chapters on Phonology:

Azevedo, Milton (1992) Introduccion a la Linguistica Espanola. Prentice
Hall