6.1354, Qs: Semantics Text,SOUNDEX,Linguistic Insecurity

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Oct 4 22:14:46 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1354. Wed Oct 4 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  110

Subject: 6.1354, Qs: Semantics Text,SOUNDEX,Linguistic Insecurity

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Mon, 02 Oct 1995 08:37:05 -1000
From:  EGGINGTW at BYUH.EDU (William Eggington)
Subject: Suitable Textbook for Undergraduate Semantics Class

2)
Date:  Mon, 02 Oct 1995 15:32:25 EDT
From:  gouzevgv at sun.mcs.clarkson.edu (Gregory V. Gouzev)
Subject:  SOUNDEX Software Question

3)
Date:  Mon, 02 Oct 1995 19:26:21 -0200
From:  hiho at guarany.cpd.unb.br (hildo honorio do couto)
Subject:  Linguistic Inserurity

Date:  Mon, 02 Oct 1995 08:37:05 -1000
From:  EGGINGTW at BYUH.EDU (William Eggington)

Greetings,

I'm currently on a faculty exchange to Brigham Young University's
Hawaii campus -- a tough assignment!!!!  As happens frequently in these
types of exchanges, I have been asked to teach a class that is not really
central to my specializations. I need help in deciding upon a semantics
textbook suitable for undergraduate English, TESL and linguistics majors.
Also, I'd appreciate any suggestions for course content.

Thank you,

Bill Eggington
BYU-Hawaii
eggingtw at byuh.edu