6.1406, Qs: Punctuation, Lg-I list, Uh-huh, Lg planning, Resumptive

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 12 15:50:24 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1406. Thu Oct 12 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  259

Subject: 6.1406, Qs: Punctuation, Lg-I list, Uh-huh, Lg planning, Resumptive

                           REMINDER

Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:43:21 +0300
From:  say at cs.bilkent.edu.tr (Bilge K. Say)
Subject:  Corpora for punctuation

2)
Date:  Sun, 08 Oct 1995 22:23:16 PDT
From:  janicesf at sfsu.edu (JANICE ROTHSTEIN)
Subject:  Languages-I list

3)
Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 1995 14:30:11 CDT
From:  LISTSERV at TAMVM1.TAMU.EDU
Subject:  Who's got the right one, baby (UH-HUH)?

4)
Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 1995 10:53:20 -0400
From:  ANA at beattie.uct.ac.za ("* Deumert, A, Ana, Ms")
Subject:  language planning

5)
Date:  Thu, 12 Oct 1995 13:15:48 -0400
From:  RAJ at beattie.uct.ac.za ("Mesthrie, R, Raj, Dr")
Subject:  resumptive pronouns

Date:  Wed, 11 Oct 1995 09:43:21 +0300
From:  say at cs.bilkent.edu.tr (Bilge K. Say)

I am looking for English corpora suitable for study of punctuation marks.
It should preferably contain original written material (not
transcribed from speech) on general non-fiction subjects (journalism,
social sciences etc.). I am particularly interested in tagged and
American English material. I am already aware of Oxford University
Text Archive, BNC and LOB corpus.

Please email your answers directly to me and I will summarize.

Thanks in advance,

Bilge  Say

*Bilge Say (Karal)       * Tel: 90-312-266 40 00 /1946    *
*Research Assistant      * 90-312-266 41 33 (for messages)*
*                        * Fax: 90-312-266 41 26          *
*                        * Email: say at bilkent.edu.tr      *
*Computer Engineering and Information Science Department  *
*Bilkent University                                       *
*06533 Bilkent,Ankara , TURKEY                            *