6.1477, Qs: Mandarin, Tonal variation, Articles&Time Expressions

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Oct 22 16:49:51 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1477. Sun Oct 22 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  102

Subject: 6.1477, Qs: Mandarin, Tonal variation, Articles&Time Expressions

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu
                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:31:17 BST
From:  wcli at vax.ox.ac.uk
Subject:  Mandarin pronunciation

2)
Date:  Thu, 19 Oct 1995 16:21:28 +0800
From:  g8380205 at simon.pu.edu.tw (lg2a)
Subject:  Research  requirement!

3)
Date:  Thu, 19 Oct 1995 22:43:17 EDT
From:  amr at CS.Wayne.EDU (Alexis Manaster Ramer)
Subject:  Query: Articles and Time Expressions

Date:  Thu, 19 Oct 1995 14:31:17 BST
From:  wcli at vax.ox.ac.uk

Hi,

Does anyone know of any word lists, articles, or sources of any sort
on the literary and colloquial strata of pronunciation in Modern
Beijing Mandarin?  I am interested not in individual words or phrases,
but in the differences between the two phonological systems.  If there
is anything on pronunciations present in one stratum, but not in the
other, I'd be most grateful.

Wen-Chao Li
Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford