6.1279, Qs: Slavic lgs, Universals and Typology, Speech Engine, CIDE

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Sep 20 19:32:04 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1279. Wed Sep 20 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  120

Subject: 6.1279, Qs: Slavic lgs, Universals and Typology, Speech Engine, CIDE

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:52:07 EDT
From:  ewb2 at cornell.edu (E. Wayles Browne)
Subject:  Slavic in Britannica

2)
Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 1995 11:56:00 CDT
From:  ShinJa_Hwang at sil.org
Subject:  Universals and typology

3)
Date:  Wed, 20 Sep 1995 01:30:41 -1000
From:  sugai at hawaii.edu (Hideaki Sugai)
Subject:  Q. Speech engine

4)
Date:  Wed, 20 Sep 1995 14:08:20 EDT
From:  lapid at osiris.elte.hu ("Lazar A. Peter")
Subject:  CIDE

Date:  Tue, 19 Sep 1995 08:52:07 EDT
From:  ewb2 at cornell.edu (E. Wayles Browne)

The Encyclopaedia Britannica has asked me to revise its articles on
Slavic languages: the section "Slavic languages" in its Macropaedia
article "Languages of the World" and also the short articles on individual
languages and on a few famous Slavists in its Micropaedia ("Ready
Reference"). I have to stick to the present length, so I cannot include
much new material. But I can make changes, corrections, updates, etc.

What would LINGUIST readers suggest? Please send me suggestions by
December, preferably to my own address: ewb2 at cornell.edu

Thank you,

Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Morrill Hall, Cornell University
Ithaca, New York 14853, U.S.A.
tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu (1989 to 1993 was: jn5j at cornella.bitnet //