7.502, Calls: Germanic Syntax, Multilingual Text Processing

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 5 04:17:42 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-502. Thu Apr 4 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  218

Subject: 7.502, Calls: Germanic Syntax, Multilingual Text Processing

Date:  Wed, 03 Apr 1996 12:09:08 EST
From:  webelhut at gibbs.oit.unc.edu (Gert Webelhuth)
Subject:  Call for Generative Germanic Syntax Newsletter

2)
Date:  Fri, 05 Apr 1996 12:12:07 +1000
From:  rdale at mpce.mq.edu.au (Robert Dale)
Subject:  Multilingual Text Processing

Date:  Wed, 03 Apr 1996 12:09:08 EST
From:  webelhut at gibbs.oit.unc.edu (Gert Webelhuth)

The editors of the Germanic Generative Syntax Newsletter are getting
ready to compile the Spring edition of 1996. This newsletter is published
twice a year and contains information of relevance to linguists working
on the syntax of the Germanic languages (old and new, EXCEPT Modern
English). The newsletter includes:

Bibliographical references to unpublished manuscripts;
Half-page abstracts of unpublished manuscripts or papers published within
the last six months;
1-page abstracts of book manuscripts, dissertations, and books published
within the last six months;
Conference announcements;
Conference descriptions;
Half-page abstracts of conference talks;
Special bibliographies on a topic of general interest.

Please send any information that you would like to be included in the
next newsletter to:

                         webelhuth at unc.edu  .

Please be sure:

- to send your material by MONDAY, APRIL 21.
- to send only material in ASCII;
- to check that what you are sending is complete and error-free;
- not to exceed the length limits specified above.

Professors, students, and everybody else whose writings fall within the
limits of the title of the newsletter are encouraged to submit
information. Choice of theoretical framework is not criterial either. We
always have a hard time receiving information about conferences. Few
people come forward and submit information about them. It would be great
to have descriptions about who spoke where about what, etc. Thus, if you
recently went to a conference mostly on Germanic, you might want to write
a half-page or one-page description of what went on. Please understand,
however, that we cannot spend our resources on conference schedules that
only have a couple or so papers on the topic of the newsletter.

The newsletter is distributed both in electronic and in paper form. Since
our resources are always scarce, it is MUCH preferred for new subscribers
to choose the electronic version. Both versions are free, however.

To subscribe to the electronic version of the GGSN newsletter, please
send a msg to listserv at listserv.acns.nwu.edu, leaving the subject line
blank.  The message text should read:

               subscribe ggsn {first-name} {last-name}

Substitute your own names for the variables within curly brackets; the
curly brackets themselves should be omitted.

If you encounter difficulties with subscribing to the list, please get
in touch with Beatrice Santorini (b-santorini at nwu.edu).

For a paper subscription, please write to Ken Safir at:

                         safir at zodiac.rutgers.edu  .