7.541, Calls: Catalan studies, Lg assumptions, Theoretical ling

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 12 16:44:36 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-541. Fri Apr 12 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  223

Subject: 7.541, Calls: Catalan studies, Lg assumptions, Theoretical ling

Date:  Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:46:44 BST
From:  lali2 at oasis.uab.es (EUL`ALIA DE BOBES I SOLER)
Subject:  online conf. of catalan studies

2)
Date:  Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:02:59 GMT
From:  HOKKA at JOYL.JOENSUU.FI
Subject:  Call for papers:Tacit assumptions in the study of language:

3)
Date:  Thu, 11 Apr 1996 19:00:47 EDT
From:  mordru at CS.McGill.CA (Tony PI)
Subject:  NELS.call.for.papers

Date:  Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:46:44 BST
From:  lali2 at oasis.uab.es (EUL`ALIA DE BOBES I SOLER)

Dear linguists:

I have been asked to post this announcement. Any questions or comments
about the Conference should be sent to the convenor, Dr Dominic Keown,
at the following address: dk209 at cam.ac.uk.  Not to me!! Thanks,

Laia
.______________________.____________________________________.
|                      |          Eul`alia de Bobes         |
|                      | Lab. de Ling"u'istica Inform`atica |
| e.bobes at oasis.uab.es |    Univ. Aut`onoma de Barcelona    |
|   ilfe2 at cc.uab.es    |     (Dept. Filologia Espanyola)    |
"----------------------"------------------------------------"

ONLINE CONFERENCE ON CATALAN STUDIES

ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

October 23-November 6, 1996

Sponsored by the Faculty of Modern and Medieval Languages and the
Language Centre, University of Cambridge, with the collaboration of
the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.

Convenor Dr Dominic Keown (Email dk209 at cam.ac.uk)

The Faculty of Medieval and Modern Languages and the Language Centre
of the University of Cambridge are pleased to announce the First
Online Conference devoted to Catalan Studies which will run from
October 23 until November 6, 1996. The theme of the Conference will be
"THE LIFE AND WORK OF AUSIAS MARCH" in celebration of the sixth
centenary of the poet's birth. The official opening of the Conference
will take place during the VI Trobada de Departaments Internacionals
de Catala i Associacions Internacionals de Catalanistica which forms
part of the XXV Premis Octubre in Valencia.The initiative is also
supported by the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya.

Please note that there is no need to be CONTINUOUSLY available between
these dates, since the Conference will be ONLINE, utilising the World
Wide Web site of the Language Centre and a DISCUSSION LIST which will
be created for this Conference.

1) Conference Papers

Papers will be published electronically in hypertext (HTML for the
World Wide Web). It is hoped that proceedings from the Conference may
subsequently be published in book form. The subject matter of the
papers should deal with any topic related to the "LIFE AND WORK OF
AUSIAS MARCH". Papers should be around 4,000 words in length,
preferably in English or Catalan, and must be received by SEPTEMBER 1,
1996. Please contact the convenor if you would like to discuss a
proposal for a paper.

2) Conference Members

The Conference will be a public one and anyone is welcome to "attend"
free of charge. Comments can be posted to the discussion list by Email
and questions put to the authors of the papers. All comments from the
"floor" will be moderated for appropriateness of content. More
information about the discussion list will be made available in due
course.

Enquiries about the Conference should be sent to the convenor, Dr
Dominic Keown, at the following address: dk209 at cam.ac.uk.