7.574, Qs: Intro textbook, Human-computer communication, Vocabulary

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 17 20:50:52 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-574. Wed Apr 17 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  103

Subject: 7.574, Qs: Intro textbook, Human-computer communication, Vocabulary

Date:  Tue, 16 Apr 1996 16:47:31 PST
From:  schess at planacc.com
Subject:  Looking for a good intro. textbook

2)
Date:  Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:30:18 +0200
From:  maciejk at hum.amu.edu.pl (Maciej Karpinski)
Subject:  Human-Computer Communication

3)
Date:  Wed, 17 Apr 1996 11:11:16 +0200
From:  lieske at coli.uni-sb.de (Christian Lieske)
Subject:  basic vocabulary

Date:  Tue, 16 Apr 1996 16:47:31 PST
From:  schess at planacc.com

  Although I'm an archaeologist, I may be asked to teach an
introductory linguistics course next fall.  The last linguistics class
that I took was Ted Stern's linguistics core course at UOregon in the
late 80s, so I'm a little out of the loop, especially textbooks.

  If you have any recommendations for textbooks that you'd like to
share, please drop me a line off-list.  You'll have my eternal
gratitude, and you will have spared a bunch of students the agony of
fighting their way through a poor text.

Sean Hess
Washington State University
<schess at planacc.com>