7.600, Sum: "their" for "his/her", Spanish Online Dictionary

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 24 00:57:17 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-600. Tue Apr 23 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  104

Subject: 7.600, Sum: "their" for "his/her", Spanish Online Dictionary

Date:  Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:46:15 PDT
From:  Laurence_Kitching at sfu.ca
Subject:  "their" to replace  "his" or "her"

2)
Date:  Tue, 23 Apr 1996 05:14:00 EDT
From:  Sondra.Ahlen at SPEECH1.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject:  SUM: Spanish Online Dictionary

Date:  Tue, 23 Apr 1996 09:46:15 PDT
From:  Laurence_Kitching at sfu.ca

Many kind thanks to the 36 persons who responded
to my enquiry re the use of "their" to replace
"his" or "her".

The compiled list of responses is in two parts
and likely too long for the List; whoever would like
a copy may request it from me at:

Laurence_Kitching at sfu.ca