7.608, Disc: Lang & movies, Phonology, Citing

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Apr 24 14:17:36 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-608. Wed Apr 24 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  200

Subject: 7.608, Disc: Lang & movies, Phonology, Citing

Date:  Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:23:15 CDT
From:  escatton at cnsvax.albany.edu (Ernest Scatton)
Subject:  Re: 7.577, Disc: Lang & movies, Ungrammatical sentences

2)
Date:  Fri, 19 Apr 1996 15:29:39 EDT
From:  DSCHMIDT at uga.cc.uga.edu (Deborah Schmidt)
Subject:       Substantive phonological constraints and UG

3)
Date:  Wed, 24 Apr 1996 17:05:55 +0800
From:  H9290037 at hkucc.hku.hk (Peter GU Dept of Education HKU)
Subject:  Citing electronic information

Date:  Fri, 19 Apr 1996 08:23:15 CDT
From:  escatton at cnsvax.albany.edu (Ernest Scatton)

Regarding the discussion of accents in movies of the 30s and 40s: I've
always been struck by them. The contrast between then and now is shown
very vividly in the Hudsucker Proxy of the Coen Brothers. Jennifer Jason
Lee is particularly good in this respect, reproducing the style of the
fast-talking, hyperactive reporter.

Ernest Scatton                                       Germanic & Slavic Hum254
518-442-4224 (w)                                               UAlbany (SUNY)
518-482-4934 (h)                                                    Albany NY
518-442-4217 (fax)                                                      12222
                   cnsvax.albany.edu/~alin220/slav_dept (WWW)