7.634, Qs: Quechua, Nasal Phoneme, Font, Portuguese, Syntax Key

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Apr 30 13:53:43 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-634. Tue Apr 30 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  201

Subject: 7.634, Qs: Quechua, Nasal Phoneme, Font, Portuguese, Syntax Key

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)

Date:  Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:22:39 -0000
From:  dedenbac at platz0.voelk.uni-bonn.de (Sabine Dedenbach)
Subject:  Quechua language

2)
Date:  Mon, 29 Apr 1996 16:31:34 +0200
From:  fgxsousa at usc.es ("Xulio C. Sousa Fernandez")
Subject:  Nasal Phoneme

3)
Date:  Mon, 29 Apr 1996 21:31:10 BST
From:  lohmann at sapir.ling.uni-duesseldorf.de (HH Lohmann)
Subject:  Korean Font Needed

4)
Date:  Mon, 29 Apr 1996 22:21:19 BST
From:  fs5a084 at rrz.uni-hamburg.de (Gesche Seemann)
Subject:  Portuguese

5)
Date:  Tue, 30 Apr 1996 20:43:18 +0800
From:  fljkguo at scut.edu.cn (Guo Jieke)
Subject:  Key to Haegeman and Radford

Date:  Sun, 28 Apr 1996 15:22:39 -0000
From:  dedenbac at platz0.voelk.uni-bonn.de (Sabine Dedenbach)

Dear colleagues,

As you may know last week we celebrated the sixtieth anniversary of
teaching and research of the Quechua language at the University of
Bonn.  There were several invited speakers and the celebration was
well attended.

At the end a colleague from Peru who teaches Quechua at the University
of Munich spoke to us saying that he had just come back from Peru and
that there he had heard that Parliament had just passed a law that
'forbids' the Quechua language, and that the President, A. Fujimori,
is about to sign the law. Of course we are wondering what form exactly
such a law has and would therefore be grateful if you could circulate
this message, and maybe some better informed colleague could give us
additional information about this rather incredible step of the
Peruvian government.

Yours sincerely,
Sabine Dedenbach-Salazar
e-mail: dedenbac at voelk.uni-bonn.de