7.1109, Qs: K Hyltenstam, Yucatecan reduplication, Argot vs jargon

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 5 05:03:21 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1109. Mon Aug 5 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  99

Subject: 7.1109, Qs: K Hyltenstam, Yucatecan reduplication, Argot vs jargon

Date:  Thu, 01 Aug 1996 01:30:15 EDT
From:  MAGHRABA at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu (Aimen Maghrabi)
Subject:  Re: Hyltenstam's email ?

2)
Date:  Fri, 02 Aug 1996 15:03:37 +0200
From:  kraemer at sapir.ling.uni-duesseldorf.de (martin kraemer)
Subject:  Q:Yucatecan Reduplication

3)
Date:  Fri, 02 Aug 1996 11:26:00 CDT
From:  caroline at sqn.com (caroline nachman)
Subject:  buzz word list vs argot vs jargon -- am i missing something?

Date:  Thu, 01 Aug 1996 01:30:15 EDT
From:  MAGHRABA at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu (Aimen Maghrabi)

Hello linguists:

Does anyone know Kenneth Hyltenstam's email? Please email it to me.
Thank you.  Aimen Maghrabi
maghraba at guvax.georgetown.acc.edu
Date:  Fri, 02 Aug 1996 15:03:37 +0200
From:  kraemer at sapir.ling.uni-duesseldorf.de (martin kraemer)

 Dear Linguists,

in a grammar of 1921 I found a really small set of data on
reduplication in Yucatecan (a Maya language spoken in the south-east
of Mexico). Now I am searching for literature on that phenomenon in
this language and/or more data.

If you have any hint for me or are a native speaker of this language
please reply to

               kraemer at sapir.ling.uni-duesseldorf.de

Thanks a lot in advance

Martin