7.1113, Disc: Case Re: vol-7-1102

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 6 21:15:39 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1113. Tue Aug 6 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  121

Subject: 7.1113, Disc: Case   Re: vol-7-1102

Date:  Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:07:30 CDT
From:  pdaniels at press-gopher.uchicago.edu (Peter Daniels)
Subject:  Re: 7.1102, Disc: Child `case' Re: vol-7-1062

2)
Date:  Mon, 05 Aug 1996 13:24:09 +1000
From:  Debra.Ziegeler at arts.monash.edu.au
Subject:  Re: 7.1062, Qs: Child's ergativity

3)
Date:  Mon, 05 Aug 1996 12:51:42 BST
From:  dick at linguistics.ucl.ac.uk (Dick Hudson)
Subject:  case and coordination

Date:  Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:07:30 CDT
From:  pdaniels at press-gopher.uchicago.edu (Peter Daniels)

Here's a datum from last night's (Fri 2 Aug 96) late-night Olympics
coverage.  In an athlete profile, a young American boxer, Antonio
Tarver I think was his name, mentioned that at one point he "succame"
to peer pressure and did drugs.  This indicates that he knew "succumb"
aural/orally: perhaps not on anyone's top-5,000 basic vocabulary list.