7.1174, Qs: Comp lit, Port Royale, Grammar dev environment, Actually

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 19 14:46:02 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1174. Mon Aug 19 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  139

Subject: 7.1174, Qs: Comp lit, Port Royale, Grammar dev environment, Actually

Date:  Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:59:59
From:  juan at udllanos.ba.ar (Juan Bernardo Llanos Lamarque)
Subject:  Seeking resources on comparative literature and info on Port Royale

2)
Date:  Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:21:13 -0000
From:  paul at ccl.umist.ac.uk (Paul Bennett)
Subject:  Grammar development environments

3)
Date:  Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:24:14 EDT
From:  leh5 at psu.edu (Lynne Hewitt)
Subject:  actually

Date:  Sun, 18 Aug 1996 14:59:59
From:  juan at udllanos.ba.ar (Juan Bernardo Llanos Lamarque)

We (at the Argentine Catholic University) are preparing a course on
Comparative Literature to be taught in English.  What we have in mind
is a course based on English Literature, which is to be contrasted
with the literature of other not necessarily English-speaking
countries.  We would greatly appreciate it if anyone who may be
teaching or attending such a course could send us details as to
characteristics, syllabus design, bibliography, etc.

Also, would please anyone send us book titles on the Port Royale
linguistic school?  We're interested in exploring the connection
between the Port Royale linguists and Noam Chomsky's mentalistic and
generative approach to language.

-
                           _\|/_
                           (o o)