7.1186, Qs: Software, Schemata, Linguists' dates, Dialect in L2 class

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Aug 25 03:35:04 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1186. Sat Aug 24 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  188

Subject: 7.1186, Qs: Software, Schemata, Linguists' dates, Dialect in L2 class

Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:04:51 EST
From:  ZRAFAL at ifa.amu.edu.pl ("Rafal Zuchowski")
Subject:  Software

2)
Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:40:13 +0800
From:  h9290030 at hkusua.hku.hk ("R.Y.L. TANG")
Subject:  Q: Schemata through lexical cues

3)
Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 14:54:40 BST
From:  larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk ("Larry Trask")
Subject:  Q: linguists' dates

4)
Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:19:02 CDT
From:  mlrlm at sunset.backbone.olemiss.edu (Rebecca Larche Moreton)
Subject:  Dialects in the foreign language classroom

Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:04:51 EST
From:  ZRAFAL at ifa.amu.edu.pl ("Rafal Zuchowski")

Would anybody be aware of software capable of phonetically
transcribing running text in English?
Date:  Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:40:13 +0800
From:  h9290030 at hkusua.hku.hk ("R.Y.L. TANG")

Hello everybody,

I am doing some tests to prove that certain cognitive schemata I
posited exist in social members' minds by giving my subjects groups of
words which act as cues for evocation of the schemata (I asked them to
verbally construct stories or episodes using those words). Does anyone
of you know of any previous works that used a similar approach to the
issue of 'use of schemata in the production of discourse'?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Raymond Yin-loong TANG
Author of "Occult/Supernatural English" (HK: Juxian Guan Ltd., 1994)
	  "English for the Workplace" (HK: World Publishing, 1995)
PhD candidate           | Columnist         | Research Assistant
Department of English   | writing articles  | Dept. of Chinese and
University of Hong Kong | on the Engl. lang.| Bilingual Studies
Pokfulam Road           | for the newspaper | Hong Kong Polytechnic
Hong Kong               | "Ta Kung Pao"     | University
E-mail: h9290030 at hkusub.hku.hk OR @hkuxa.hku.hk OR @hkuxb.hku.hk
Home Page: http://hkusub.hku.hk:8000/~h9290030/raymond.html