7.1714, Qs: Internet, English, Books, Applied Linguistics

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Thu Dec 5 16:59:42 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1714. Thu Dec 5 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  143

Subject: 7.1714, Qs: Internet, English, Books, Applied Linguistics

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Mon, 02 Dec 1996 09:39:39 GMT
From:  Kristine.Hasund at eng.uib.no (Ingrid Kristine Hasund)
Subject:  Communication on the Internet

2)
Date:  Sat, 30 Nov 1996 01:44:27 PST
From:  kellner at ue.ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp (Birgit Kellner)
Subject:  English easiest language?

3)
Date:  Wed, 04 Dec 1996 12:32:37 +0100
From:  pages at paris7.jussieu.fr (pages selena)
Subject:  book out of print

4)
Date:  Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:02:08 GMT
From:  lopez_carmen at trad.upf.es
Subject:  asla, applied linguistics

Date:  Mon, 02 Dec 1996 09:39:39 GMT
From:  Kristine.Hasund at eng.uib.no (Ingrid Kristine Hasund)

Dear fellow linguists,

I am considering doing a project on communication on the Internet (email,
IRC, etc.), and I would like to get in contact with researchers and
students working on this topic, preferably from the perspective of
Pragmatics/Interactional Sociolinguistics/Conversation Analysis, or other
communication-based approaches. I would also be very grateful if anyone
could help me find some literature on the topic.

Thank you,
Kristine Hasund

Kristine Hasund
Research assistant