7.1722, All: New Editorial Address for LINGUIST

The Linguist List linguist at unix.tamu.edu
Sun Dec 8 03:33:53 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1722. Sat Dec 7 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  70

Subject: 7.1722, All: New Editorial Address for LINGUIST

Moderators: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar: Texas A&M U. <aristar at unix.tamu.edu>

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at unix.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: aristar at unix.tamu.edu (Anthony Rodrigues Aristar)

Date:  Sat, 07 Dec 1996 22:31:12 EST
From:  linguist at unix.tamu.edu (The LINGUIST LIST)
Subject:  New Editorial Address for LINGUIST

Date:  Sat, 07 Dec 1996 22:31:12 EST
From:  linguist at unix.tamu.edu (The LINGUIST LIST)

Dear LINGUIST Subscribers:

LINGUIST has a new home.  We now have our own machine and our
own domain on the Internet.  So, on Monday LINGUIST will be moving
its *editorial* accounts (and only its editorial accounts) to its new
address. When this move takes place, the address of our main editorial
account will  be:

	linguist at linguistlist.org

Please note that this does NOT AFFECT the main LINGUIST address,
which will remain:

	linguist at tamvm1.tamu.edu

This will stay the address to which you should send mail for posting.

All mail to the old addresses (linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu and
linguist at unix.tamu.edu) will continue to be forwarded to our
new address, but correspondence with the editors should be sent
to linguist at linguistlist.org from now on.

When this change is made, you will see that LINGUIST messages will
appear in a slightly different format than before.  In order to conform
to Internet standards, LINGUIST will now post messages in what is called
"Standard Digest Format."  This will allow anyone who has digesting
software to break up LINGUIST mailings into their component messages.
Those of you who do not use such software should simply be able to ignore
the changes.  They should make no difference to anyone who simply
reads LINGUIST mail as a mail-message.

This move will be accompanied by a change in the software we use to
generate text and HTML versions of LINGUIST issues.   This software
change is part of our present effort to enhance the functionalities of
our LINGUIST sites.  We hope that you'll bear with the inevitable
software glitches that occur during the changeover.

Anthony, Helen & Daniel