7.1739, Qs: English in China, Arabic, _tries and_+finite verb, Quasi-modals

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Dec 9 18:58:29 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1739. Mon Dec 9 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 7.1739, Qs: English in China, Arabic, _tries and_+finite verb,
 Quasi-modals

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Software development: John H. Remmers <remmers at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Anthony Rodrigues Aristar <aristar at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Fri, 6 Dec 1996 22:17:05 -0500
From:  HSINTL at aol.com
Subject:  Teaching English in China

2)
Date:  Sat, 7 Dec 1996 17:05:49 +0400 (GMT)
From:  "Jose R. Alvarez (LUZ)" <jalvar at reacciun.ve>
Subject:  Arabica

3)
Date:  Sat, 7 Dec 1996 20:22:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:  Scriff Biff <csrj100 at hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject:  _tries and_+finite verb

4)
Date:          Sun, 08 Dec 96 08:57:25 EST
From:  Dick Norwood <RIDHARD at VM.SC.EDU>
Subject:       Quasi-modals in English

Date:  Fri, 6 Dec 1996 22:17:05 -0500
From:  HSINTL at aol.com

I have some students (of Chinese) in New York who are interested in teaching
English in China either full time with at least one-year committement, or as
a volunteer during the summer next year in exchange for room and possibly
board. I appreciate very much any information about the organizations in the
US that can place them or institutions in China that are interested in their
service.

Thank you very much.

Yong Ho, Ph.D.
Dept. of Languages