7.1773, FYI: Liverpool Working Papers in Applied Lx

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Sat Dec 14 17:41:31 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1773. Sat Dec 14 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 7.1773, FYI: Liverpool Working Papers in Applied Lx

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:54:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:  "Mr A.P. Berber Sardinha" <tony1 at liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject:  Liverpool Working Papers in Applied  Linguistics

Date:  Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:54:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:  "Mr A.P. Berber Sardinha" <tony1 at liverpool.ac.uk>

Dear list members,
     The latest issue  of LWPAL (Liverpool Working Papers
 in Applied  Linguistics) is  out  now.  LWPAL  publishes
 ongoing postgraduate research  at  the  Applied  English
 Language  Studies  Unit  of the University of Liverpool.
 We enclose below  both the table of contents of  the two
 volumes published so far an order form.

     The abstracts of all articles  can  be viewed on the
 LWPAL web page at:

          http://www.liv.ac.uk/~tony1/lwpal.html

     Please direct all email queries to:

          Sarah Waite    scorpio at liv.ac.uk

     Or by post to:

            LWPAL
            AELSU
            Modern Languages Building
            University of Liverpool
            Liverpool L69 3BX
            United Kingdom

                          LWPAL
     LIVERPOOL WORKING PAPERS IN APPLIED LINGUISTICS
                      ISSN 1361-6021

*********               Order Form              *********

        Name    _______________________________

        Address _______________________________

                _______________________________

                _______________________________

       Postcode __________  Country ___________

Please tick one of the boxes:

 [  ] I want to order 1 issue of LWPAL (volume ___ number ___.)
      I want LWPAL to be sent to the above address and I enclose
      payment of 3.00 pounds sterling.

 [  ] I want to order 2 issues of LWPAL (volume ___ number ___,
      and volume ___ number ___) I want LWPAL to be sent to the
      above address and I enclose payment of 5.00 pounds sterling.

Payment instructions

 * UK orders: cheque in sterling drawn in a British bank payable
   to "The University of Liverpool"
 * International orders: cheque in sterling or banker's draft drawn
   in a British bank payable to "The University of Liverpool"
 * All prices include postage & packing

Send this form together with your payment to:

            LWPAL
            Subscriptions secretary
            AELSU
            Modern Languages Building
            University of Liverpool
            Liverpool L69 3BX
            United Kingdom

   *********         TABLES OF CONTENTS        *********

                  Volume 1, Number 1, 1995
                       ISSN 1361-6021

 1  Connie Masembe Ssebunga "The role of clause relations in
    reading comprehension of secondary school science texts"

 15 David Tiomajou "Language and Languages in Cameroon: A
    historical overview"

 43 Puleng Thetela "Writer responsibility in written
    discourse: A pilot investigation into signalling writer
    commitment to evaluation in academic research articles"

 75 A P Berber Sardinha "'Vocabulary Management Profile' of
    a business report"

                  Volume 2, Number 1, 1996
                        ISSN 1361-6021

 1  Monika Kaeser "The conference interpreter's strategies:
    A case study"

 35 Sarah Waite "An ideational/interactional perspective on
    the component parts of the transactions in research
    supervisions"

 63 Marilisa Shimazumi "Role relations in recipes"

 81 A P Berber Sardinha "Applications of WordSmiths's

Tony Berber Sardinha     | tony1 at liverpool.ac.uk
AELSU                    | Fax 44-51-794-2739
University of Liverpool  |
PO Box 147               | http://www.liv.ac.uk/
Liverpool L69 3BX        | ~tony1/homepage.html
UK                       |
My karma ran over my dogma ...... `' -o-o-
Everything should be as simple as possible but no
simpler. (A Einstein)