7.1798, Jobs: Speech recognition positions

linguist at linguistlist.org linguist at linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 20 01:18:21 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1798. Thu Dec 19 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 7.1798, Jobs: Speech recognition positions

                   Ann Dizdar <ann at linguistlist.org>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <ron at linguistlist.org>

Editor for this issue: Ljuba Veselinova <ljuba at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:01:21 -0500
From:  Mark Mandel <mark at dragonsys.com>
Subject:   Jobs: speech recognition (revised post)

Date:  Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:01:21 -0500
From:  Mark Mandel <mark at dragonsys.com>

                        Dragon Systems Inc.
                         320 Nevada Street
                         Newton, MA 02160
                                USA
                    Telephone: +1 617 965-5200
                    Telefax:   +1 617 332-9575

          EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT DRAGON SYSTEMS, INC.

Dragon Systems is one of the world's leading suppliers of PC- and
Mac(tm)- based speech recognition technology, with a
revolutionary approach to user interaction. Our organization
thrives because our people are uniquely qualified. Our markets
grow because our technology is universally accepted. Our future
is promising because we offer a diverse line of voice activated
products for users, developers and PC hardware and software. With
a highly imaginative, incredibly talented team, we are expanding
the frontiers of speech and language recognition
technology. Voice your expertise and bring your talents to Dragon
Systems.

                 Developer, International Products
       (3 positions: 1 each in German, French, and English)
  (NOTE: This supersedes the notice published in LINGUIST 7.1771)

Join a growing international team and participate in the
development of International versions of Dragons's speech
recognition products.

    This position requires a good ability in both the language
    and the technical aspects of development.

Essential Tasks
    Prepare acoustic models for each product
    Prepare language models for each product
    Localize each application
    Assist in documentation reviews
    Influence the product designs of products in development
    Monitor industry technology and trends

Formal Education/Training
    Bachelor's degree and preferably Master's degree in one of:
      * Computer Science
      * Computational Linguistics
      * Language of locale for products:
          - German
          - French
          - Spanish

Skills
    Good knowledge of language of locale; fluency preferred
    Ability to code (C/C++ preferred), must be technically competent
    PC use:
        * DOS and Windows essential
        * In addition to C/C++, PERL would be an advantage
    Ability to analyze problems, must be logical and organized
    Interpersonal skills, must be able to work in a team

                             TO APPLY

Please send your resume to:
    T. Rosker, Director, HR
    Dragon Systems, Inc.