7.173, Disc: Emphasis, Hostility markers

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 3 21:50:49 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-173. Sat Feb 3 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  76

Subject: 7.173, Disc: Emphasis, Hostility markers

Date:  Fri, 02 Feb 1996 13:35:24
From:  LEFFIN at bach.cuw.edu ("Prof. Tracey Leffin-Hedrick")
Subject:  Disc: Emphasis

2)
Date:  Sat, 03 Feb 1996 13:55:12 +0600
From:  ocls at sibylline.com (George Elgin, Suzette Haden Elgin)
Subject:  Summary: Hostility Markers

Date:  Fri, 02 Feb 1996 13:35:24
From:  LEFFIN at bach.cuw.edu ("Prof. Tracey Leffin-Hedrick")

The phenomenon under discussion may not be all that recent.  Many of
the students who read the daily announcements over the public address
system at my high school in the mid-late 1970's (Wisconsin) also
exhibited this unusual emphasis on _will_.----
Tracey Leffin-Hedrick
Concordia University Wisconsin
email:  leffin at bach.cuw.edu