7.194, Qs: On-line resources, Historical ling

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 7 03:06:26 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-194. Tue Feb 6 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  149

Subject: 7.194, Qs: On-line resources, Historical ling

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 1996 20:01:25 GMT
From:  k.kitao at lancaster.ac.uk (KENJI KITAO)
Subject:  on-line resources for linguistics

2)
Date:  Wed, 07 Feb 1996 00:21:12 GMT
From:  rmb5 at hermes.cam.ac.uk (Roger Blench)
Subject:  Question: early references to historical linguistics

Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 1996 20:01:25 GMT
From:  k.kitao at lancaster.ac.uk (KENJI KITAO)

    On-Line Resources and Journals Related to Fields in Linguistics

I offered a copy of _On-line Resources and Journals Related to ELT_
which we compiled last December. Surprisingly I got about 150 requests
from subscribers of different lists.

I also asked for your contributions to revise it. We received some
suggestions, but we need more in order to make the above resource more
useful for TESOL and linguistics.

We would appreciate it if you would send us answers to the following
questions by e-mail to k.kitao at lancaster.ac.uk by February 18.

1. What is/are your major field(s) of study?

2. What on-line resources are available for your field(s) of study?
Please provide brief descriptions, if possible.

3. What are the important journals in your field(s)?  Please provide
brief descriptions.

If you have more than one, please list them in order of importance.

We will put all information with as little editing as possible, except
for length and clarity, if necessary.

The following are examples of the format that we have used:

Field:  English Teaching

List
FLTEACH-L at UBVMCC.BUFFALO.EDU
*a list discussing foreign language teaching

World Wide Web
Internet Resources for Language Teachers
     http://www.cti.hull.ac.uk/langsite.htm
*compilation of resources available on the Internet for teachers of
English and other languages, including e-mail addresses, web sites,
and so on.

Journal
Reading in a Foreign Language
*mostly research papers, on both practical and theoretical topics,
related to L2 reading
*occasional book reviews
*cumulative index of journal
Subscription and submissions:
International Education Center, College of St. Mark and St. John,
Derriford Rd., Plymouth PL6 8BH
12 pounds/year outside U.K.

Please respond by e-mail, so that we can download the information,
which will reduce the possibility of mistakes on listserv addresses
and world wide web sites.

* Dr. Kenji Kitao           E-mail     k.kitao at lancaster.ac.uk *
* Dept. of Linguistics      Work Fax   01524-843085            *
* Lancaster University      Work Phone 01524-65201 Ext. 3045   *
* Lancaster LA1 4YT  UK     Hone Phone 01524-65201 Ext. 2335   *