7.217, Calls: ESCOL, Discourse in Old Age

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 10 15:24:48 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-217. Sat Feb 10 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  96

Subject: 7.217, Calls: ESCOL, Discourse in Old Age

Date:  Thu, 08 Feb 1996 17:46:23 -0300
From:  MOTA at admin1.csd.unbsj.ca ("VIRGINIA MOTAPANYANE")
Subject:  escol 96 - call for papers

2)
Date:  Fri, 09 Feb 1996 13:34:43 EST
From:  HHAMILTON at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu ("Heidi E. Hamilton")
Subject:  discourse in old age

Date:  Thu, 08 Feb 1996 17:46:23 -0300
From:  MOTA at admin1.csd.unbsj.ca ("VIRGINIA MOTAPANYANE")

CALL  FOR  PAPERS

Eastern States Conference on Linguistics (ESCOL '96)

Place:    University of New Brunswick
          Saint John, New Brunswick

Date:          August 31 - September 2, 1996

Invited speakers:
          Mark Baker (McGill University)
          Donka Farkas (University of California at Santa Cruz)
          Brian Joseph (Ohio State University)
          Keren Rice (University of Toronto)

Conference theme:
          Current Issues in the Semantics of Noun Phrases

Deadline for submitting abstracts:
          May 1, 1996

Abstracts of 20 minutes papers in all areas of formal linguistics are solicited
. Please
indicate "theme" at the beginning of your abstract if applicable. Submit 10 cop
ies of an
anonymous 500 word abstract along with a 3x5 card. An additional page may conta
in
examples and references. The card should contain the following information: tit
le of the
paper, name of author(s), address/affiliation, phone number, e-mail address.

Send the abstracts to the following address:
     Virginia Motapanyane
     Humanities and Languages
     P.O.Box 5050
     University of New Brunswick
     Saint John, NB
     Canada E2L 4L5

Information on registration and housing will be available in June.
For information, contact mota at unbsj.ca , phone (506) 648-5645, fax (506) 648-56
11.