7.252, Qs: Simultaneous Interp., Whitehall Article, Performatives

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 17 06:13:57 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-252. Sat Feb 17 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  113

Subject: 7.252, Qs: Simultaneous Interp., Whitehall Article, Performatives

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)

Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:34:46 +0100
From:  Sarah.Williams at tele.su.se (Sarah Williams)
Subject:  Simultaneous Interpreting Corpus

2)
Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:46:57 GMT
From:  ELAKRP at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk (Katrin Roemer)
Subject:        Article Search

3)
Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 1996 16:11:27 EST
From:  kat at utarlg.uta.edu
Subject:  Wedding vows

Date:  Thu, 15 Feb 1996 12:34:46 +0100
From:  Sarah.Williams at tele.su.se (Sarah Williams)

I am doing research on simultaneous interpreting and would appreciate
contact with anyone who has experience of working with a database of
simultaneous interpreted material. Immediate questions concern

1       which database system to use
2       how to deal with the problem of simultaneity in laying up the
database (i.e. double-line showing speaker and interpreter,  representation
of temporal alignment of the two texts, as well as marking for parallel
phrases within the texts)

All responses gratefully received

Sarah Williams
Centre for Research on Bilingualism