7.287, Qs: Words, Imaging, Amelioratives, Tonogenesis, Dict

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Feb 25 13:12:12 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-287. Sun Feb 25 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  152

Subject: 7.287, Qs: Words, Imaging, Amelioratives, Tonogenesis, Dict

Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 1996 19:09:02 EST
From:  EFWAGNER at aol.com
Subject:  Words

2)
Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:50:22 -0000
From:  MJ.Ball at ulst.ac.uk
Subject:  Imaging techniques, sources?

3)
Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 1996 17:06:02 -0400
From:  TRAMMEL at ACC.FAU.EDU
Subject:   British amelioratives not perjoratives

4)
Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 1996 11:28:01 +0100
From:  jmwied at rullet.leidenuniv.nl
Subject:  tonogenesis

5)
Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 1996 22:13:03 +0200
From:  denro at netvision.net.il (Dina Rosenfeld)
Subject:  Applied Linguistics Dictionary

Date:  Tue, 20 Feb 1996 19:09:02 EST
From:  EFWAGNER at aol.com

I am still in need of some help in my research into the many and varied words
that are common in the area of Africa  and the middle east.

The words I am researching are:

Man  --  Woman -- Child -- Son -- Daughter

Any input on any or all of these words in as many native dialects, tongues,
languges as possible would be very much appreciated.

Edward F. Wagner