7.292, Qs: Minimalism, @, Complements, Glossolalia

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Feb 25 14:29:14 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-292. Sun Feb 25 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  170

Subject: 7.292, Qs: Minimalism, @, Complements, Glossolalia

Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:04:29 MST
From:  kalita at pikespeak.uccs.edu (J Kalita)
Subject:  any tutorials on the minimalist program?

2)
Date:  Thu, 22 Feb 1996 06:59:21 +0800
From:  karchung at ccms.ntu.edu.tw ("Karen S. Chung")
Subject:  Second call: @

3)
Date:  Fri, 23 Feb 1996 16:09:48 CST
From:  barbara at sapir.uchicago.edu (Barbara Need)
Subject:  Prepositional complements

4)
Date:  Sun, 25 Feb 1996 15:07:10 GMT
From:  delacy at host02.net.voyager.co.nz ("Paul de Lacy")
Subject:  Glossolalia Research

Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 1996 14:04:29 MST
From:  kalita at pikespeak.uccs.edu (J Kalita)

We have been reading the book called "Government and Binding
Theory an dthe Minimalist Program" by Gert Webelhuth.
We read the chapter  by Alex Marantz on
the minimalist program in the book.

Does anyone know of any other book/book chapter
which is somewhat like a tutorial on the minimalist program?
A tutorial will help us understand Marantz's chapter and
Chomsky's book "The Minimalist Program"
a lot better. Our  background is in computer science
and we have read Haegeman's book on the GB Theory.

Please write to me directly since I don't subscribe to
the linguist mailing list.

Jugal Kalita
(kalita at pikespeak.uccs.edu)