7.308, Qs: T Crowley et al, English vowels, Orthography

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 28 19:07:38 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-308. Wed Feb 28 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  101

Subject: 7.308, Qs: T Crowley et al, English vowels, Orthography

Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:43:40 +1200
From:  C.H.Rand at massey.ac.nz
Subject:  Query:T. Crowley et al

2)
Date:  Tue, 27 Feb 1996 19:31:35 EST
From:  baer at post.its.mcw.edu (Eugene Baer)
Subject:  English vowels

3)
Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 1996 05:05:57
From:  <charrick at netrover.com>
Subject:  importance of orthographic information in the reading process

Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 1996 13:43:40 +1200
From:  C.H.Rand at massey.ac.nz

Hello, Everybody!

We at Massey are thinking of adopting Terry Crowley et al's book,
THE DESIGN OF LANGUAGE. AN INTRODUCTION OF DESCRIPTIVE
LINGUISTICS. Longman.  1995 as our new Linguistics textbook for
undergraduate students. We would appreciate it very much if people out
there, who have had an opportunity to use the above textbook --either
as an intro to phonetics/phonology or syntax/semantics text-- could
tell us a bit about their experiences and give comments.

With all our thanks and appreciation.

Charles Randriamasimanana
Linguistics, Massey
New Zealand