7.36, Calls: Native American lgs, Head-driven phrase structure grammar

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jan 9 19:10:24 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-36. Tue Jan 9 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  200

Subject: 7.36, Calls: Native American lgs, Head-driven phrase structure grammar

Date:  Tue, 09 Jan 1996 12:10:40 CST
From:  reinhol at cc.UManitoba.CA (Charlotte Reinholtz)
Subject:  call: Workshop on Native American Languages

2)
Date:  Tue, 09 Jan 1996 12:42:05 CST
From:  wechsler at mail.utexas.edu (Stephen M. Wechsler)
Subject:  Call for papers: HPSG '96 Marseille; Lexicon Session

Date:  Tue, 09 Jan 1996 12:10:40 CST
From:  reinhol at cc.UManitoba.CA (Charlotte Reinholtz)

                              Call for Papers

                                Workshop on
                       STRUCTURE AND CONSTITUENCY IN
                         NATIVE AMERICAN LANGUAGES

                               To be held at
                        The University of Manitoba
                          March 29th - 31st, 1996

Invited Speakers:        Leslie Saxon  (Belcourt Lecture)
                         Rose-Marie Dechaine
                         Martha McGinnis

We invite papers on specific topics which speak to general
questions of structure and constituency in the analysis of native
languages of North and South America.  While papers should speak
to structure and constituency, we hope that contributions will
vary w.r.t. the kinds of evidence they explore.  Individual
papers might address questions in, for example, such areas as:
     -    the inventory of lexical and functional categories
     -    the projection of lexical and functional categories
     -    the analysis and formal treatment of syntactic or
          semantic relations in syntax and morpho-syntax
     -    the division of labour between syntax and morpho-syntax
     -    the interface between syntax and morpho-syntax
     -    structural restrictions on syntactic or semantic
          relations in syntax and morpho-syntax

Abstracts should be no longer than 1 page (a second page with
references and extra examples may be included).  Abstracts should
be submitted in 5 copies: 1 camera-ready copy with the author's
name, and 4 anonymous copies.  A 3x5 card giving the title of the
paper and the author's name, address, affiliation, phone number,
and e-mail address should accompany the abstracts.

Abstracts should be sent to:

          SYNTAX WORKSHOP
          c/o Charlotte Reinholtz
          Department of Linguistics
          University of Manitoba
          Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2
          Canada

The deadline for abstract-submission is February 7th, 1996.

The program will be announced in early March.  For further
information, contact Charlotte Reinholtz at the above address or
via e-mail: reinhol at ccu.umanitoba.ca.