7.44, Qs: Experiencer Role, Metathesis

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 11 05:53:26 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-44. Wed Jan 10 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  81

Subject: 7.44, Qs: Experiencer Role, Metathesis

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)

Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:41:37 GMT
From:  SilentQ at msn.com ("David Harris")
Subject:  ?? on Experiencer Role

2)
Date:  Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:39:22 PDT
From:  <SANDRA at ed.pdx.edu>
Subject:        Metathesis

Date:  Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:41:37 GMT
From:  SilentQ at msn.com ("David Harris")

HI!

I am not a member of the list, but a friend suggested I pose my
question on thematic roles here. I'm a little in the dark as to
exactly how the experiencer role is handled according to thematic-role
theory.

Can anyone offer a brief explanation and/or point me to a fairly basic
reading on the subject? What I need, I think, are several examples. Is
the idea just that no change in state or location occurs in the
observed element (theme)? Or is there more?

Thanks,
Quentin North