7.76, TOC: Transactions of the Philological Society

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 18 16:03:42 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-76. Thu Jan 18 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  82

Subject: 7.76, TOC: Transactions of the Philological Society

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)
At the end of the issue is a statement of our policy regarding TOCs
and instructions on retrieving backlists of journal TOCs from our listserv.

-------------------------Table of Contents--------------------------------

TRANSACTIONS OF THE PHILOLOGICAL SOCIETY, v.93 (1995)

Allen, W. Sidney
   On 'tenseness' in modern Icelandic

Coleman, Julie
   The chronology of French and Latin loan words in English

Davies, Ian, Greville Corbett, and Jos- Bayo Margalef
   Colour terms in Catalan: an investigation of eighty informants
   concentrating on the purple and blue regions

Manaster Ramer, Alexis
   Turkish rhymes and antirhymes in phonological theory

McMahon, April M. S. and Robert McMahon
   Linguistics, genetics and archaeology: internal and external
   evidence in the Amerind controversy

Press, J. Ian
   Barriers to the standardization of the Breton language

Suzuki, Seiichi
   The decline of the foot as a supersyllabic mora-counting
   unit in Early Germanic

Transactions of the Philological Society is the oldest scholarly
publication in Great Britain devoted to the general study of language
and languages. It has an unbroken tradition of pubishing high quality
articles across a wide range of linguistic interests including:
phonology, Romance linguistics, English linguistics, generative
grammar, sociolinguistics, Indo-European philology, and the history of
linguistics.

FOR FREE SAMPLE COPY EMAIL

jnlsamples at blackwellpublishers.co.uk

---------------------------Note----------------------------------------
We publish the tables of contents of current journal issues and
working papers if they are reduced to 20 lines or less; and we
maintain journal backlists on our listserv.  Our resources, however,
do not allow us to post the tables of contents of books.

Available journal backlists include:
	LI lst       (Linguistic Inquiry)
	compling lst (Computational Linguistics)
        NALA lst     (Natural Language and Linguistic Theory)
        CAHIERS LST  (Les Cahiers de Grammaire)
	AIReview lst (Artificial Intelligence Review)

To retrieve a backlist, send the message:
    get <listname> linguist                      Ex:  get LI lst linguist
    listserv at tamvm1.tamu.edu