7.103, Qs: Swedish, Translation, Gender, NPR

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Jan 23 15:21:53 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-103. Tue Jan 23 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  130

Subject: 7.103, Qs: Swedish, Translation, Gender, NPR

Date:  22 Jan 1996 09:14:41 +0800
From:  david_weiss at gbinc.com ("David Weiss")
Subject:  Wanted- L1 Swedish speakers

2)
Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:49:59 GMT
From:  S.Aksartova at sussex.ac.uk (Saadat Aksartova)
Subject:  translation studies programs

3)
Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:02:06 EST
From:  mele at acs.bu.edu (Monica Glina)
Subject:  Male gender for 'nurse'

4)
Date:  Tue, 23 Jan 1996 12:29:08 GMT
From:  nostler at chibcha.demon.co.uk (Nicholas Ostler)
Subject:  National Public Radio

Date:  22 Jan 1996 09:14:41 +0800
From:  david_weiss at gbinc.com ("David Weiss")

Wanted: L1 Swedish speakers
For a paper I'm working on which focuses on various aspects of Germanic syntax
(preposition stranding and pied-piping, heavy NP shift, double-object
constructions, wh-movement, and the relationships among them), I would like to
correspond with native speakers of Swedish.  I would also be very grateful for
any references to existing publications you many be familiar with on these
topics as they refer specifically to Swedish.

Thanks for your help.

David Weiss (NYU Dept. of Linguistics)

david_weiss at gbinc.com