7.112, Qs: "Dogmatism", Lists,Prescriptive & Descriptive Grammar

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Jan 25 14:58:18 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-112. Thu Jan 25 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  141

Subject: 7.112, Qs: "Dogmatism", Lists,Prescriptive & Descriptive Grammar

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)

Date:  Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:08:57 EST
From:  karlgren at TOMEK.CS.NYU.EDU (Jussi Karlgren)
Subject:  "dogmatism"

2)
Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 1996 12:15:39 +0200
From:  plag at Papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE ("Ingo Plag")
Subject:  query on Lists

3)
Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 1996 13:27:50 +0200
From:  druuskan at cc.helsinki.fi (Deborah D K Ruuskanen)
Subject:  Re: Query: Prescriptive and Descriptive Grammar Courses

Date:  Wed, 24 Jan 1996 17:08:57 EST
From:  karlgren at TOMEK.CS.NYU.EDU (Jussi Karlgren)

Dear All,

I came across a passing reference to a study by Suitbert Ertel, who
apparently has analyzed and graded texts for "dogmatism" based on surface
cues - persuasive expressions, etcetera - in sentences. No published
reference is given in the text I have, and a search for Suitbert Ertel on
the web gives the no useful results.

Does anyone have more information?

Jussi Karlgren                                             karlgren at cs.nyu.edu
Visiting Researcher, Computer Science                  715 Bwy # 704, NYU, NYC
vox: (212) 998-3496 fax: (212) 995-4123             URL: http://sics.se/~jussi