7.136, All: Moderators

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sun Jan 28 15:29:06 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-136. Sun Jan 28 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  52

Subject: 7.136, All: Moderators

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 1996 11:07:47 CST
From:  aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M Aristar)
Subject:  All: Moderators

Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 1996 11:07:47 CST
From:  aristar at tam2000.tamu.edu (Anthony M Aristar)

We would like to officially announce what most of you have already
gleaned from changes in the header:

	First, that Helen Dry is on leave this semester, and will not
be responding to routine messages to the moderators (even though she's
still thinking about the cookbook!).

	Second, that Daniel Seely has agreed, after persuasion,
bribery and blackmail, to become a third moderator of the list.
Daniel is a syntactician at Eastern Michigan University, and a former
philosophy major. The latter apparently schooled him perfectly to make
judicious decisions in the face of adversity.  As soon as we
recognized this talent, displayed for some time in his role as review
editor, we have been hoping that he would agree to moderate the list.
He is now available to answer policy questions, make editorial
decisions and otherwise act as a major resource for subscribers.

	We are truly delighted to have him with us.

Anthony and Helen