7.153, Qs: WW II & Lang Change, Number Names, Spanish la -> el

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 31 03:40:27 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-153. Tue Jan 30 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  122

Subject: 7.153, Qs: WW II & Lang Change, Number Names, Spanish la -> el

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)

Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:45:40 EST
From:  tnr3291 at gold.acns.fsu.edu (TRACY RECORD)
Subject:  WW II Lang Change

2)
Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:15:24 EST
From:  Mark at ccgate.dragonsys.com
Subject:   Number-names

3)
Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 19:58:00 EST
From:  Sondra.Ahlen at SPEECH1.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject:  Query for Spanish la->el data.

Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:45:40 EST
From:  tnr3291 at gold.acns.fsu.edu (TRACY RECORD)

Hello!  I am doing research on the effect World War II had on
language(vocabulary, neologisms) in America.  I was hoping to find a
newsgroup where I could read member postings and solicit help with
sources.  Am I in the right spot?  If so, please send back the site
address and or www site (I am new at this--guess it shows).

  Thank you.

  Tracy Record