7.155, FYI: Dictionaries on the Web, New Conf List, Amharic course

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Wed Jan 31 19:00:46 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-155. Wed Jan 31 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  118

Subject: 7.155, FYI: Dictionaries on the Web, New Conf List, Amharic course

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:37:55 EST
From:  rbeard at bucknell.edu (Robert Beard)
Subject:  Dictionaries & Linguistic Fun on the Web

2)
Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 1996 14:25:55 +1000
From:  peterw at lingua.cltr.uq.OZ.AU (Peter White)
Subject:  New Conference List

3)
Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 1996 11:17:06 EST
From:  hudson at pilot.msu.edu ("Grover Hudson")
Subject:  Amharic course

Date:  Tue, 30 Jan 1996 15:37:55 EST
From:  rbeard at bucknell.edu (Robert Beard)

This is to announce several new pages on websites at Bucknell.  The
first contain links to over a hundred electronic dictionaries and
thesauri on the World Wide Web representing 44 languages.  Most of
these dictionaries may be used online though some must be downloaded.
The URL is:

http://www.bucknell.edu/~rbeard/diction.html

I have also placed four short pieces on various aspects of linguistics
designed to attract undergraduates to linguistics programs by
explaining what linguistics is.  For some time now we have been
posting hard copies around campus during the semester and they make a
noticeable difference in the enrollments.  Feel free to download them
and put them to good use so long as authorship is preserved.  Their
page is located at:

http://www.bucknell.edu/departments/linguistics/fun.html

Robert Beard                              Bucknell University
Russian & Linguistics Programs            Lewisburg, PA 17837
rbeard at bucknell.edu                              717-524-1336
Russian Program   http://www.bucknell.edu/departments/russian
Morphology on Internet        http://www.bucknell.edu/~rbeard